|2009-10 EĞİTİM ÖĞRETİM YILI 1. DÖNEMİ
DOKUZUNCU SINIFLAR İNGİLİZCE DERSİ 2. YAZILI SINAVI
AàComplete the sentences
- You can’t ______________ the rules in New York because the police are everywhere.
- You can’t drive fast during the ______________ hours because there is a terrible traffic jam.,
- Cemil is always clean. He ______________ a shower three times a week.
- I can’t drive because I don’t have a ______________ licence.
- You can’t drive ______________ 50 kph in the town center.
- –Is the ambulance coming?
-Yes, it is ______________ the way.
- You can ______________ the police at 155.
- I can’t drive a car but I can ______________ a bike.
- The speed ______________ in the town center is 50 kph.
- We have a party on Saturday. Come and ______________ us.
BàReplace the underlined words with pronouns.
- Ahmet visits his grandfather twice a week.
- I love your daughter.
- Our children are very happy.
- We love our children.
- The children love me andf my wife.
CàMake sentences using the words in brackets. (positive [+], negative [-] sentences or questions
- Mehmet is from Pazarcık but (live- he- Pazarcık- in)
- (Hamit- the film- like- new) because it is boring.
- (What time- go to bed- you)
- (read- Cemil- three books- a week)
- (come- how- to school- Cemil)
YOU ARE HERE
DàFill in the blanks with prepositions of place
- The park is _______________ the high school.
- The bank is _______________ the mosque.
- The mosque is _______________ the factory.
- The hospital is _______________ the park.
- The high school is _______________ the bookshop and the bank.
EàWrite your daily routine in 3 paragraphs. (1st paragraph àthe morning; 2nd paragraphàafternoon; 3rd paragraphàthe evening)
A TYPICAL DAY IN CEMİL’S LIFE
|Cemil is a student at high school. He gets up at 6:30 every morning because his home is not near the school. First he washes his face and then he has breakfast. He always has two cups of tea, some cheese, fifteen olives, and an egg for breakfast. He doesn’t like breakfast but his mother says it is good for him. After breakfast he gets dressed and goes to the bus stop. He gets on the school bus at 6:45. Normally it takes about half an hour arrive at school. However, when there is a car crash on the road, it takes an hour. Classes start at 7:45. He has four classes in the morning. Lunch break is 11:30.
Cemil has lunch at the school canteen because he can’t go home for lunch. He usually goes to the canteen with Hüsnü. They are good friends. Hüsnü always eats one big toast. He is crazy about it. Cemil has a half toast. Then they go to the school garden talk. Sometimes they play football or basketball with other students. At 1 pm they go back to school because classes start. They have three classes in the afternoon. Classes finish at 3 pm. Then students go home. Cemil and Hüsnü go home together because they are neighbors.
Hüsnü and Cemil’s families are good friends too. They often visit each other. Hüsnü’s father is a truck driver. He always travels to other cities; so, Hüsnü’s mother is usually alone at home. She is unhappy about it. But she has a good friend, Cemil’s mother. She often visits Hüsnü’s mother. They make tea and cake and then talk for long hours and watch TV.
Cemil is tired when he comes home. He goes to bed and sleeps for an hour. Then he wakes up and has a cup of coffee. After that he does his homework. Sometimes he goes to Hüsnü and asks for help because he is not good at maths. Hüsnü is good at maths but he is bad at geography. So, when he has a problem with geography, Cemil helps him. After doing homework, Cemil has dinner with his family. His father, a doctor, asks him questions about school and Cemil talks to him about his day at school. When his father asks him English questions Cemil can’t answer him, but his father doesn’t get angry.
FàAnswer the questions
- What does Cemil do after washing his face?
- What does Cemil eat at breakfast?
- How many classes does Hüsnü have in the morning?
- Why can’t Cemil go home for lunch?
- What is Cemil’s father’s job?
- What does Cemil do first when he goes home after school?
- Who is bad at maths?
GàWhat do the underlined words refer to?
- It, line 4:
- It, line 11:
- They, line 16:
- Him, line 25:
- Him, line 26:
HàLISTENING. Listen and fill in the blanks.
- Suzanna sleeps for _____________ hours a night.
- Babies sleep for _____________ hours a night.
- Suzanna _____________ goes shopping.
- The number 1 free time activity is_____________.
- Suzanna likes reading _____________.
- Two or three hours of television a day is_____________.
Questions 1-43 are 2 points each. Writing is 15 points; 5 points for each good paragraph.